What type of help is available?
Op Courage responds to your individual needs including:
- Intensive medical care and treatment if you are in a crisis
- care and treatment for anyone displaying the early signs of mental health problems
- therapeutic treatment for more advanced mental health conditions and psychological trauma
- helping you to access other NHS services such as eating disorder services, and ‘Improving access to psychological therapies’ (IAPT)
- assisting with your wider health and wellbeing needs by working with charities and local organisations across housing, drug and alcohol misuse, finances and more
- helping you to transition to civilian life by ensuring you get mental health care and support from the Defence Medical Services
How do I get help from Op Courage?
You will need to:
- live in England and have served in the UK Armed Forces for one day
- be registered with a GP practice in England, or be willing and eligible to register with a GP
- provide your military service number or another form of eligibility